Monday, April 18, 2005

patterns vs. me

People have patterns. These patterns are predictable. Humans have and amazing natural ability to see minute deviations and perversions from these patterns.

For example, if I sit quietly on a couch with my partner and I quietly ponder the possibility that nothing is real, and my partner looks over and notices I am looking inward and asks.

"Is everything ok?"

*STOP*

At this point there is a single answer that would normally be uttered by 90% of the population.

"Yes dear, I was just thinking about the possibility that nothing is real. Thanks for asking."

However, if I was sitting and thinking about the fact that my partner was pissing me off because she never cleans the toilet, my answer would be closer to.

"Yes everything is ok. Can't I just sit here and think."

First of all, why lie in the first place. Why not just get it out there to hash it out and be done with it. Secondly, if you really don't want to talk about it now why use a speech pattern that is so apparently making your statement false.

But the odd part is most humans respond to the second type of answer in a fearing manner. That casues loss of power and in the end a diminishing of you within both your partners head as well as yours.

What is the point other than a passive aggressive impulse to create drama and engage your egoic entity against your partner's egoic entity.

What makes people attempt to emotionally destroy those who are closest to them while all the while truly loving the person. Does this end?

Can it be as simple as both entities becoming self aware and therefore stop this pattern of behavior before it begins?

No comments:

Post a Comment