Tuesday, May 04, 2010

How much money is enough? More.

I am in a pretty good place emotionally these days. I find myself almost completely stable with my highs and lows much less extreme. However as with anybody who basically avoids real life for 15 years I have incurred some pretty nasty unsecured debt.

Time to get to work on it. So I sit in front of my terminal thinking about budget shit. Budgeting sucks because it really exposes how irresponsible I tend to be. I will go for months barely buying a thing. The I go blow my load in a bad way. I am impulsive, compulsive and money and I are repulsive. So you mix that up and you get on broke punk.

So what can I do? I am trying out some software to help track. Looking for help from the bank of course they can't help me without me helping myself. Isn't that always the way. Why can other people fix my problems. For years my mom did it. Why the fuck do I have to start now!

Maybe I should call my mom.

4 comments:

digi said...

1. Consolidate your dept. Hopefully you can qualify for a personal loan with a low interest monthly payment plan.

2. Cut up your credit cards and don't get new ones until this is over.

3. Create a new saving account for fun stuff. After all your bills are paid, squirrel away what you can. Only when you can pay cash for toys, you buy new toys.

4. Give your money more value. When I have a dollar in my pocket, I don't see it as a dollar. I see it as a dollar + the taxes I paid to make it + the taxes I'll pay to spend it + the time it took to make it.

digi said...

Actually on second thought, cutting your credit cards is too extreme... instead, get your limit lowered and make sure you never carry a balance.

Mia Liana said...

money won't be enough...still have something you want to buy... the more you have money... the more you want to buy things...

i love love said...

money would never be enough..coz when you get a new job with higher pay your needs or spending habits also increases..it goes with it..it's unavoidable..unless of course you discipline yourself..good thing now i'm on budget..take out part of the pay for the bills first and for my daily needs..then i look at what's left that's what i spend for eating out or watch movies and for savings
- the web lover

Post a Comment