Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Madness: Piggy

I am reading On the Farm: Robert William Pickton and the Tragic Story of Vancouver's Missing Women. As an avid reader of all things true crime (you really can't be a fan can't you?) I follow the forensics side versus the emotional side. I understand many people lost their lives and I feel for them their families. Most of these women have tragic stories from the beginning. The ended up in hell. Left alone either by choice or because they were disowned by those around them. They landed in a spot that is a blight on our city. But the downtown east-side is also a refuge a safe place. A place for many people to call home even when they don't have one.

This area although depicted on television as a vile and disturbing place, is really a vibrant community, rife with as many walks of life you can muster. People really do watch out for each other. The problem with all these cases is not the DTES. it is the begining to the story in many cases yes. But the end was far away from the safety of the DTES.

PoCo on the other hand is a quaint place. With roads that remain without curds and kids still playing in the streets. There are parks and hiking trails and a working class population.

These crimes could not have happened the way they have in many other area's. When a killer stalks his prey normally they have to attack quickly. Willy and his crew had days, weeks, months to pounce.

These girls normally trusted Willy up until the point the were strung up and bled dry. They all described him the same (the survivors of course), stinky and quiet, but a nice enough guy, who would help others.

This was his MO.

Like any true psychopath he was able to compartmentalize his life enough to kill a woman and feed her to his pigs but then help others in kind and the most generous ways.

My wife was called for the pickton case to stand as a jury member. At the time the sequesternation would have not been possible as she was a single mom and could not yet depend on me like she can now. It is best she did not get chossen in the end as with her empathic tendancies (no not like Deaana Troy) she would not have been able to handle parts of the testimony in my humble opinion.

A killer who finds work and money in his "hobby" is a killer who begins to blend the two worlds and that ultimately led to his demise.

His attempts / successes in recruiting drug addicts to help in disposal and possibly murder was his undoing.

By his words "49" He wishes he got one more for that even 50.

You know, there's still time willy. Why not take your own. Hang your self in your cell and slit your throat. You will bleed out fast and as you had to tell your self about your victims to learn not to feel guilty.

You deserve it.

PIGGY - Nine inch nails
hey pig

yeah you
hey pig piggy pig pig pig

all of my fears came true
black and blue and broken bones
you left me here I'm all alone

my little piggy needed something new

nothing can stop me now

cause I don't care anymore

nothing can stop me now

cause I don't care
nothing can stop me now

cause I don't care anymore
nothing can stop me now

cause I just don't care


hey pig

nothing's turning out the way I planned

hey pig
there's a lot of things
I hoped you could help me understand

what am I supposed to do?

I lost my shit because of you


nothing can stop me now
cause I don't care anymore

nothing can stop me now

cause I don't care
nothing can stop me now

cause I don't care anymore
nothing can stop me now

cause I just don't care

No comments:

Post a Comment