Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Communication.

What is this concept?

I always thought I was an expert at speaking my mind, bringing my feelings up and telling them how they are.

I seem to have completely lost this ability and it has been replaced with a damaging behaviour. I don't know how to interpet my own head. To reiterate my thoughts through speech is continually turning out poor. At first I blamed everyone else. But now I see it must be me.

What am I doing wrong. Where can I find these skills.

I want to get something so simple accross to the person whom I care for more than anyone else. And as of yet I cannot.

I can not say it any simpler.

"I am on your side!"

Thats it.

It comes out all wrong.

I am lost.

4 comments:

[].ragko said...

Thanks.

Your right I KNEW your insane you caught me.

digi said...

This post touches on something that I've been thinking a lot about in the last few months.

Message.

By observing those whose main goal in life is to have maximum impact though message (advertisers, politicians, etc) I've learned that getting your point across to an individual or group is always most effective when it's as simple as possible. Think about the U.S. presidential race and how those people operate. They of what they're saying - they use clear, concise messages and never waver. I also believe that this pertinent in all forms of communication, not just speech. If you have a message within your visual media, music, or writing you want it to be simple and confident. You can't expect the audience to interpret the exact meaning of your message if it's cluttered in sloppy language.

This is where you come in. You seem to have the habit of re-iterating points over and over because I believe you fear that the audience does not get your message. Look at audio: Sending 10 slight variations of the same sine wave destroys the pure resonance. Hit a sustained note on your synthesizer and listen to how it's clear and to the point. Now play the 6 surrounding keys along with it. It sounds like a mess.

My suggestion to you is to try and be more confident in yourself by not covering the same points over and over in hopes that the subtle changes in message make a positive difference because they don't. Work though your problems on a per-issue basis by focussing on the PROBLEM and not the MESSAGE. The message should never be the problem. I know that you loath when I critique your use of language but you know what, it makes all the difference.

digi said...

All that said, when personal emotions are involved things get a completely different flavour. :)

[].ragko said...

I hear you brotha. Makes sense. FOR ONCE! :D

Post a Comment