Friday, August 12, 2005

Home is definitely where the heart is.

I am in Calgary this week. I had a wonderfully drive down here for the first 11 hours. I took 'the scenic route' never realizing that tacked on 3-4 hours. So I slept in the car on the side of the highway in banff and suffocated the first 2 hours and froze the next 2 and I was back on the highway for the final stretch.

I had driven so far looking for a safe place to pull off the highway that did not have a "No overnight parking" (idiots) sign.

I enjoyed my first couple days seeing old friend and walking to my own rhythm. Then came STAG night. It was meant to be paintball with the boys and drinks afterwards then to meet the girls and dance into the wee hours.

NOPE not for me, that's not what I did. I grabbed a 26 of rum and from what I understand polish off 1/2 of it before we get to paintball. I pass out. I wake up after paintball. I am FUBAR. I look at myself I am a total mess. I am bleeding and bruised and have pussy written across my stomach in jiffy.

I have been told Chad (an old friend) and I got in a first fight. I got beat up and everyone is pissed. I apologize? Yes what a horrible thing to do on your buddies stag. I got out of control. I tend to sit here and beat myself up about it. Feel bad and all that. But I realize its drinking the way I do that is to blame. I drink straight. I drink from the bottle if I want and I get drunk.

So that being said no more rum for a long while. And I am sorry Steve and Amy for messing up what could have been a rad night.

So here I sit awaiting the wedding. So I can get the hell outta here go back to where I am safe and secure. At home witht the two coolest people in the world. sKerry and Windy, I will see you soon.

Love me-

1 comment:

digi said...

Oh no man. :(

Well... sounds like maybe at least this experience can be used as ammunition for you. Drinking can be totally fun, getting bombed around strangers and fighting sounds totally not fun.

Post a Comment